After installing the HiNative app, you will be prompted to give the app permission to use your phone’s microphone the first time you attempt to record audio. Tap [OK].
If you choose to not grant permission at this time, you will need to change your phone’s Privacy Settings at a later time in order to post voice answers and questions on the app.
- Tap on your phone’s [Settings] app.
- Tap on the [Privacy] tab.
- Tap on the [Microphone] tab.
- Make sure that the HiNative option is active.
The first time you attempt to record audio with Trek, your browser will ask for permission to use your microphone.
Make sure to click [Allow] on this popup. If you click [Block], you will need to access your browser’s settings to give it access to your microphone.
- Click the options icon (three vertical dots) on the upper right of your screen and click on the [Settings] tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select [Show advanced settings].
- Click on the [Content Settings] button below the “Privacy” header.
- Click the [Manage Exceptions] button below “Microphone”.
- Look for HiNative Trek, and if the option says “Block”, click the “X” next to it.
- Close your browser once to let the changes take effect.
- The next time you access HiNative Trek in your browser, Chrome will ask for your permission to use your microphone. Make sure to choose “Allow” this time!
※ HiNative is optimized to run on the Google Chrome browser.
※ Click here for more information from Google Support.